Safety & Codes Enforcement
Director of Safety and Codes / Chief Fire Marshal
175 W. Valley Forge Rd.
King of Prussia,
Monday - Thursday
8:15 am - 6:00 pm
The Safety and Codes Enforcement Department is divided into four main divisions. They include:
- Permits: Building permits office processes and issues all building related permits
- Building / Zoning Regulations: Assures compliance with the applicable standards, adopted by the Board of Supervisors, which provide a reasonable degree of protection to the health, safety, and welfare of our citizens and visitors. Upper Merion Township follows the PA UCC with Twp. ordinances
- Upper Merion Township Ordinances in PDF format.
PA UCC to view details of the current PA UCC.
- CURRENT PA Uniform Construction Code includes: 2009 INTERNATIONAL BUILDING CODE and all associated 2009 Codes. *2008 NATIONAL ELECTRICAL CODE (NEC) & 2012 IBC Chap. 11, & 2009 ANSI as detailed in the PA UCC.
- Fire and Rescue Services: Protects the community during fire and emergency situations
- Property Maintenance: Oversees proper maintenance efforts of properties within Upper Merion Township