Fall Leaf Collection Program
For more than 40 years, the Upper Merion Township Public Works Department annual leaf collection program has collected more than 1,500 tons of leaves each year and composts them on a five-acre site on West Beidler Road. The resulting mulch is provided free to residents. The composting program is completely natural and no chemicals are involved.
Residents may deposit their leaves directly at the Compost Site between 7:00 am and 3:00 pm on weekdays, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm on Saturdays, and 12:00 noon to 4:00 pm on Sundays. The Compost Site will be closed on weekends starting Monday, December 23, 2013 and reopening after Monday, April 14, 2014.
Leaves and bags should be curbside on the Monday of the week scheduled for a particular neighborhood. Leaf piles can be two feet wide and should not block stormwater drains. Weather permitting, there will be a final sweep of all neighborhoods after the scheduled pick-ups in December.
- To be collected, leaves must be raked to the curb or be in biodegradable paper (not plastic) leaf bags along your curb. Paper bags are available at your local home center.
- Leaves and bags must be curbside on the Monday of the scheduled week of pick-up. Township employees and equipment are not permitted on private property for collections.
- Leaves or bags will not be collected if leaves contain sticks, stones, or other debris.
- Please keep leaf piles to 24 inches (two feet) in width.
- Keep stormwater drains, inlets, roadways, and sidewalks free from leaf piles.
- Keep trees trimmed to 11 feet above edge of pavement to allow for the passage of collection trucks.
- Leaf and grass burning are prohibited.
Fall Leaf Collection Program begins the week of October 28, 2013 and ends the week of December 9, 2013.
Please click "Collections Zone" to view the schedule for your neighborhood.